Balance Life & Work with a New Career Opportunity
(LONG TERM CARE)
(SHORT TERM REHAB)
(SUB ACUTE CARE)
Now Hiring – REGISTERE NURSE/SUB-ACUTE UNIT MANAGER – HOLMDEL, NJ
CAREONE AT HOLMDEL
The CAREONE AT HOLMDEL mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to Maximizing Patient Outcomes. We treat Residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our Centers and Communities. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for Residents, families and our valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
• And More
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide. We have a graciously appointed facility with strong belief in patient care and service; join us at our beautiful facility!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
he Unit Manager is responsible for the day to day coordination oversight of all aspects of his/her assigned clinical unit.
• Director of Nursing Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that required staffing levels are met for each shift on a daily basis needed to render care for the number of residents assigned to her/his responsibility.
• Make sure that staffing level adjustments are made each shift as needed and the Federal required posted schedule is adjusted to reflect current actual staffing.
• Attend, participate and lead the weekly resident “At Risk” meeting ensures resident care and condition concerns are identified, interventions are appropriate to cause and follow up is completed.
• Attend and participate in morning clinical review meeting.
• Attend and participate in PPS meetings as indicated.
• Attend and participate in monthly QA and A meetings, as assigned, and assist with follow up for any identified problems.
• Monitor provision of resident care by licensed nurses and C.N.A.’s ensure required documentation is completed.
• Review 24- hour resident change in condition report daily ensure necessary follow-up occurs including appropriate interventions implemented, physician and family notified and required documentation has been completed.
• Review resident medical records and documentation to ensure clinical programs are in place per policy and procedures.
• Identify educational needs of staff discuss findings with the Facility Educator and work collaboratively to meet these needs.
• Participate on other committees as requested by the Administrator/Director of Nursing Services.
• Ensure that resident care and documentation is in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations.
• Comply with and ensure that staff is in compliance with HIPAA rules and regulations, reporting any known violations to the Administrator and Director of Nursing Services.
• Ensure work assignments are made for assigned staff, including breaks and lunches and staff is compliant with assignments.
• Initiate disciplinary action as necessary for staff members in collaboration with DON/ADON.
• Communicate with the appropriate department manager/DON and participate with follow up and resolution to any grievances/concerns from personnel, residents or family members.
• Ensure physician orders are being followed.
• Assist the DON/ADON with preparing performance evaluations as directed. Greet new admissions and families and assist nursing staff with admission process as needed.
• Within 24 to 48 hours, ensure that all admission documentation is complete including all required clinical assessments and care plans.
• Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled.
• Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
• Report problem areas to the Director of Nursing. Assist in developing and implementing corrective action.
• Attend and participate in continuing education programs to remain current with standards of nursing practice and to maintain licensure requirements.
• Ensure that your nursing staff follows policy and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
• Ensure that nursing staff participate in all fire safety and disaster preparedness drills.
• Ensure that nursing personnel are follow established infection control procedures when isolation precautions become necessary.
• Ensure that all personnel operate nursing equipment in a safe manner.
• Participate as needed and/or directed in collaboration with the Resident Assessment/Care Plan Coordinator in the development of a written care plan (preliminary, interim and comprehensive for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident, indicates the care to be given, goals to be accomplished and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
• Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that nursing service personnel knock before entering the resident’s room.
• Report and assist with investigation of any allegations of resident abuse including misappropriation of resident property.
• Assist Social Services with ensuring that an Advance Directive/Code Status has been obtained and documented in appropriate places per policy.
• Participate in the annual survey and/or complaint survey processes as directed by Administrator/DON and assist as directed with any plans of correction required.