Balance Life & Work with a New Career Opportunity
Now Hiring – EXECUTIVE CHEF/COOK – (1st & 2nd Shift - Flexible) HAMILTON, NJ
CAREONE AT HAMILTON
The CAREONE AT HAMILTON mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to Maximizing Patient Outcomes. We treat Residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our Centers and Communities. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for Residents, families and our valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
• And More
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide. We have a graciously appointed facility with strong belief in patient care and service; join us at our beautiful facility!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
• The Executive Chef/Cook is responsible for preparing food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review menus prior to preparation of food.
• Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Food Services as required.
• Coordinate dietary services with other departments as necessary.
• Ensures that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel, as well as with other departments within the facility, to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
• Report all occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals to the Director of Food Services.
• Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. as directed.
• Attend and participate in annual inservice training programs.
• Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
• Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
• Assist in serving of meals as necessary, to ensure timely delivery.
• Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
• Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
• Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as with established policies and procedures.
• Assist in maintaining the dietary department in a safe and sanitary manner.
• Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
• Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
• Ensure that food storage areas and clean and properly arranged at all times.
• Ensure that fire protection and prevention programs are, maintained by department personnel in accordance with fire safety policies and procedures.
• Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc as necessary.
• Recommend to the Director of Food Services the equipment and supply needs of the department.
• Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information.
• Knock before entering a resident’s room.
• Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
• Directly reports to the Administrator of the facility where providing dietary services. Reports to Head Cook for all coordination of discipline services and/or any facility specific or corporate functions, processes or initiatives.
• Supervises dietary staff as assigned.
• Supervision follows all accepted state and federal guidelines for the respective discipline.